Associate Meeting Planner
PIAA is the insurance industry trade association that represents a full range of entities doing business in the medical professional liability (MPL) arena. These include domestic and international MPL insurance companies, risk retention groups, captives, trusts, and other entities. PIAA membership is open to MPL enterprises owned and/or operated by physicians, hospitals, health systems, dentists and oral maxillofacial surgeons, podiatrists, chiropractors, and healthcare providers such as nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, CRNAs, and many others, as well as insurance carriers with a substantial commitment to the MPL line. PIAA members insure more than two-thirds of America's private practicing physicians as well as dentists, nurses and nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers and provide indemnification and other services to more than 400,000 healthcare professionals around the world. PIAA members also insure more than 3,000 hospitals.
PIAA’s workshops and meetings are designed specifically for professionals in the medical professional liability (MPL) field and feature leading industry experts. These events explore a wide range of topics to help MPL professionals stay on top of critical developments and discover new and better ways of doing business. PIAA conducts approximately 11 workshops/meetings, 8 webinars, and an assortment of other board and committee meetings per year.
Rockville, MD based healthcare/insurance trade Association seeks a mid-level Associate Meeting Planner to assist with various aspects of the development and coordination of logistics for Association-sponsored meetings, educational courses, workshops and webinars. Assists meetings and education department with administrative duties — processes all meeting registration and payments. Coordinates logistics of meeting room setups, audio/visual requirements, food and beverage functions and other workshop/meeting-related requirements. Experience with continuing education accreditation and distance learning programs a plus. This position may, at times, require overnight travel, including weekends; extended workday or weekend schedules may be required.
Ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience in meetings and events management – association background preferred. B. S. required, CMP designation preferred. Continuing medical education accreditation knowledge a plus. Excellent motivation, problem-solving, and communications skills. Outgoing, customer service-oriented. Ability to handle shifting activities and multiple tasks simultaneously. Meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic. Ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team. Must present oneself in a professional manner. Computer proficiency (MS Office, Excel and PPT in particular) required and familiarity with iMIS database preferred. Ability to lift 25 lbs required for position responsibilities.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
Meeting Department Intern
Reports to: Meetings & Education Department
The internship opportunity is for the spring semester starting in late January and ending in May 2018. Work hours and start/end date are flexible based on your schedule. This is a paid part-time internship ($10 per hour), 15 to 20 hours a week. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Jenna Hinrichs, Meeting Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 1, 2017.
The Meeting Department intern assists with various aspects of the development and coordination of logistics for Association-sponsored meetings, educational courses, webinars and workshops. Under the supervision of the Meetings and Education Department, the Meeting Department intern assists with the following:
- Assist in the maintenance of the iMIS Meetings Database by entering registrations, preparing reports, sending confirmation letters, and filing registrations
- Speaker packets including confirmation letters, contracts, forms, checklists, etc.
- Speaker database by collecting speaker materials and presentations
- Meeting material templates for attendee folders/packets. Prepares content for workshop presentation websites
- Participant name badges, tent cards, signage and other meeting materials
- Attendee lists, special event tickets and other related reports from meeting database
- Meeting/workshop evaluation spreadsheets and summary reports including filing of reports
- Promotional/sponsorship items including researching new ideas
- Meeting packing checklists, labels, and box contents reports. Prepares and packs meeting supplies for shipment
- Continuing education certificates. Maintains continuing education and meetings files in accordance with accrediting requirements
- Meetings and Education Department related administrative duties
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- General knowledge of and/or interest in meeting/event planning
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent motivation, problem-solving, and communications skills
- Outgoing, customer service-oriented
- Ability to handle shifting activities and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team